Deeply Dapper Dispatches Episode 75 - Show Notes and Timestamps
Join us this week for our report from SaltCon 2017! Lindsay and I attended it as a vendor last weekend and as usual, had a great time playing games. SaltCon is a 4-day tabletop gaming convention in Layton, Utah, traditionally held in the first week of March. We talk a while about the show, do short reviews of the games we played, then I interviewed two creators, Kevin and Nathan about their game OUT LAST: WESTBROOKE.
Below are our timestamps for the assorted segments, some comments, links, videos and more fun stuff.
- 0:00 - INTRODUCTION
- 0:25 - CON REPORT: SaltCon 2017
- This was Lindsay's first gaming convention and my third year at the show, which is always really well run. Not especially profitable, but a great way to spend a weekend and one I'd have a hard time resisting.
- You can learn more about SaltCon HERE
- 19:59 - GAME REVIEWS
- We played a number of games at the show... Though "Played" is a bit misleading since we only cracked the box on a few due to the constraints of being behind the table working.
- Games we checked out but only had a chance to set up or read the instructions on:
- Storm The Castle!
- Last Friday
- Mansions Of Madness
- Games we actually played at the show:
- Forbidden Island
- Harry Potter (Something about hogwarts..)
- Games we bought but haven't had a chance to play:
- What's Up
- Fortune and Glory
- Shadows of Brimstone
- The Something Wicked expansion for Touch of Evil
- The Phantom Society
- Elevenses (We did play this one - we dig this game)
- 42:08 - THE INTERVIEW
- This is an interview with Kevin and Nathan, creators of the zombie survival game Out Last: Westbrooke which is LIVE now on Kickstarter. These guys were awesome and super talented. I didn't get a chance to personally play the game but I spoke with multiple people that did and they said it was well designed and a lot of fun. Check it out HERE
That is pretty much it this week - short and sweet - we close out the show with Contact Info.